Canny is a tool to create your changelog and roadmap websites, it has its own content management system, to write new content you have to go to the Canny website and use their dashboard.
To let other team members write content you need to invite them to Canny and your pricing increases.
You may end up spending $400 a month just to have a roadmap and changelog.
Fortunately there is a cheaper and more convenient way: Notaku
Using Notion to manage your roadmap and changelog
Notaku uses Notion to manage your roadmap and changelog websites, this has several benefits:
- Your team already uses Notion every day, updating your roadmap and changelog is fast and easy
- You can collaborate in real time, add comments and let guests update content
- The writing experience is much better compared to Canny, you have more rich blocks at your disposal: callouts, quotes, tables images and more
Using Notaku to publish your websites
Notaku is a tool to create websites using Notion as CMS. It copies your data from Notion every hour or when you click the
sync nowbutton in the dashboard.
Notaku can create roadmap and changelog websites among others.
To create your websites
- Sign up to Notaku
- Click “Create new roadmap website”
- Duplicate the Notion template (a template is simply an example Notion page)
- Copy the link to Notaku and sync the content
- You now have an awesome website built from Notion
The final result
- Use your own domain
- Customize everything: logo, links, footer, font, background more
- Dark mode
- RSS feed
- Awesome mobile UX
- Good SEO
How roadmap content is managed in Notion
Notaku uses a board database page to manage your roadmap
Notaku will let you clone an example database you can use as a starting point
Users can upvote your roadmap items
Notaku lets your users upvote your roadmap items
This lets you prioritize your upcoming features and better understand your users needs
How changelog content is managed in Notion
Notaku uses a table database for your changelog content
Notaku gives all you need out of the box
Creating a website with Notaku gives you
- RSS feed
- Excellent SEO
- Automatic social media images
- Awesome design and UX
- Fast performance